USTOR is a free, portable, extendable, high-performance Unique Capping Solution created by VOXDSP intended for use in Advertising Servers and Real-Time Bidding (RTB).
- 19 Dec 2018 » USTOR-64 released [Multi-Threaded, UDP]
- 18 Dec 2018 » USTOR-160 released [Single-Thread, TCP]
USTOR intends to replace Redis and Memcached for the application of Unique Capping. Both NoSQL hash-store solutions are great tried and tested general purpose solutions; however when it comes down to filtering the amount of Unique Impression USTOR provides a simpler, light-weight alternative.
- Memory is pre-allocated: this means no nasty surprises, you know how much memory will be required for your running system and as such the memory limits will never be exceeded. This also prevents bad cache performance and the overhead of dynamically allocated memory.
- Threaded Execution: each CPU core is detected and used as individual read threads, in a Unique Store system, writes will only be once you have won an impression in RTB or already displayed an advertisement to the user, as such writes are limited to one thread to prevent race conditions without locks, however, read operations can and are threaded to increase throughput.
- Single Server Solution at the moment free releases of USTOR are a single server solution, meaning you can either run it locally on one server or a dedicated server. For most uses, this is enough performance necessary for most large applications.
- Bespoke Development: we maintain custom versions of USTOR that can best match your stack/architecture, allowing you to get the most out of your hardware, our free public releases are great general purpose samples of what we can achieve. Better unique capping will reduce wasted advertising budget and retarget it to more genuine unique users and/or devices.
USTOR is Copyright © 2018 by James W. Fletcher.
The term USTOR is a shorthand for Unique Store. All trademarks, brands, and names are the property of their respective owners.